WESTERLY — Two residents of an apartment at Apache Drive are receiving help from the American Red Cross after their home was damaged in a kitchen fire Tuesday evening.

According to updated information provided on Thursday, the two victims, a man and a woman, were given immediate aid and comfort kits containing personal care items as well as a recovery envelope containing information helpful to families recovering from a fire.

The two were reported to have suffered from smoke inhalation. They were displaced Tuesday after an accidental stove fire caused significant damage to their kitchen. Red Cross staff members said Thursday that they would be working with the two in the coming days to develop a long-term recovery plan.

— Jason Vallee

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.