040219 RIC chimney fire

Hope Valley and Carolina firefighters on Monday doused a chimney fire at a home on Switch Road. Damage to the home was minor and no injuries were reported. Courtesy Hope Valley-Wyoming Fire Department Facebook page

RICHMOND — Early notification and a fast response helped to minimize damage after homeowners along Switch Road reported a chimney fire late Monday morning.

Members of the Hope Valley-Wyoming Fire Department, assisted by mutual aid from the Richmond-Carolina Fire Department, were called to a house along Switch Road around 11 a.m. Officials indicated that the fire was contained quickly to the chimney area, but that it took almost an hour to to fully extinguish the blaze.

Only minor damage was reported. There were no injuries and homeowners were not displaced.

— Jason Vallee

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.