STONINGTON — Music will fill the air Saturday in Stonington with Stonington Sounds, a free music festival with concerts happening throughout the day in various locations in the borough.
The festival, which is anchored at La Grua Center, will feature a diverse lineup of musicians from classical to jazz and is scheduled so that music lovers can shop and dine during breaks in the music.
Public parking is available at Town Dock, Wayland's Wharf, DuBois Beach, and St. Mary Church (from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. only). Music lovers are encouraged to bring lawn chairs and blankets. The festival will be held rain or shine with rain location at La Grua Center.
The schedule includes:
- Sing & Play with Ms. Bergin (Children’s Concert) in Wadawanuck Square at 11 a.m.
- The Coast Guard Dixieland Jazz Band in Wadawanuck Square at noon
- The Mansion Vocal Band (a Barbershop Quartet) on the Stonington Commons Green at 2 p.m.
- Elena Zamolodchikova on harpsichord and piano at La Grua Center at 3 p.m.
- Zaccai Curtis Jazz Quartet (Afro-Cuban) on Stonington Commons Green at 4 p.m.
- Sonia Bettencourt & Guitarras Do Atlantico at the Portuguese Holy Ghost Society at 7 p.m.