Check out this resume:
1. Achieved outstanding performance vs. budget over past 5 years.
2. Built a reserve “rainy day” fund of $10 million.
3. Kept taxes low with average property tax increase less than 0.35 percent over past 5 years.
4. Earned second-highest bond rating in state by Moody’s and S&P due to “strong and consistent financial performance.”
5. Led successful community effort to save a distressed hospital and 1,000 local well-paying jobs.
6. Recognized by state and federal officials for crisis management and leadership in response and recovery from Superstorm Sandy and winter storm Nemo.
7. Led economic development initiatives resulting in significant increases in business tax revenues to the town.
8. Developed strong relationships with federal and state agencies leading to multi-million dollar awards of financial support for rebuilding local infrastructure.
9. Honored by peers by being chosen president of state’s City and Town Managers Association.
10. Demonstrated a consistent level of respect and professionalism in working with others.
It would be terrific if we could find someone with these or similar accomplishments and credentials to hire as our next Town Manager.
Richard A Smith