Area libraries are planning special events to celebrate Take Your Child to the Library Day on Saturday. The day is a grass-roots initiative to encourage parents and caregivers to bring young children to local libraries.
• The Westerly Public Library will have a special storytime for children. Each attendee will receive an “I love my library” bookbag. Call 401-596-2877, Ext. 317, for more information.
• The Stonington Free Library will celebrate with a party that includes cookies, balloons and a raffle. For more information, call 860-535-0658 or visit stoningtonfreelibrary.org.
• The Wheeler Library, 101 Main St., North Stonington, will have drop-in board games and supplies to make Valentines for family and friends. Call 860-535-0383 for more information.
• The Mystic & Noank Library, 40 Library St., has special programs planned from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., including Valentines crafts and movies. The Denison Pequotsepos Nature Center will present a program at 11 a.m. on reptiles. For more information, call 860-536-7721 or email email@example.com.
• The Groton Public Library, 52 Newtown Road, will have storytime and drop-in activities including a celebration of Stretch the Giraffe’s birthday at 2 p.m. Call 860-441-6750 for more information.