R.I. officials say girl, 2, nearly died after ingesting edible marijuana

R.I. officials say girl, 2, nearly died after ingesting edible marijuana

The Westerly Sun


PROVIDENCE (AP) — Authorities said a toddler nearly died from eating edible marijuana. The Rhode Island Department of Children, Youth and Families on Friday announced the 2-year-old girl had almost died Thursday and had been admitted to the pediatric intensive care unit at Hasbro Children’s Hospital. Providence police Detective Maj. David Lapatin told The Providence Journal that the girl’s grandfather was sick and had a doctor’s note for medical marijuana. He said that police were treating the situation as an accident. Police Commander Thomas Verdi says there was no assault or sign of abuse, and that the girl was treated at the hospital and released to her parents. The Department of Children, Youth and Families said it was investigating.


Advertisement
 

Latest Videos

X