The following are this week’s scheduled Rhode Island Small Business Association and Prophet Share training events:
• Build Your Business: Social Media Boot Camp, at the Center for Women & Enterprise, 132 George M. Cohan Blvd. in Providence. The program runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The fee for the workshop is $195. Partial scholarships may be available to those who qualify. To register, visit cweonline.org or call 401-277-0800.
Do you need to strengthen your market reach and increase customer engagement? Are you looking to social media to generate more revenue? This workshop will help you.
• Social Media Marketing for Encore Entrepreneurs, from the U.S. Small Business Administration and AARP, at the Center for Women & Enterprise, 132 George M. Cohan Blvd. in Providence. The program runs from 9 to 11 a.m. and is free. To register, call 401-528-4561 or email email@example.com.
Social media enables you to connect with current and prospective customers through online dialogue, and allows your customers to connect with each other and share their experience with your products or services. Attend this workshop and learn how to use online networking outlets such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and blogs to create an effective social media strategy for your business.
• How to Explore The SBA HUBZone Program, from theCenter for Women & Enterprise, 132 George M. Cohan Blvd. in Providence. The program runs from 2 to 4 p.m. and is free. To register, visit cweonline.org or call 401-277-0800.
The federal government spends over $2 billion on goods and services each year. Are you getting your share? A SBA small business certification may make the difference for your company. Learn more about the government contracting certification HUBZone program (Historically Underutilized Business Zones).
• Small Business 101, from the U.S. Small Business Administration, at the East Providence Public Library, 41 Grove Ave. in East Providence. The program runs from 9:30 to 11 a.m. and is free. To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 401-528-4561.
Have you ever wanted to start your own business? Do you already have a business and need a little guidance? Are you considering a small business loan? Want to get involved with government contracting? Just looking for a place to get some answers or bounce an idea off of someone? Attend this seminar and discover a world of resources for you and your business, and see how the SBA can help make your small business a big success.
•Understanding Financial Statements, from the U.S. Small Business Administration and AARP, at the East Greenwich Public Library, 82 Pierce St. in East Greenwich. The program runs from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and is free. To register, call 401-528-4561 or email email@example.com.
Participants will learn how to read and understand financial statements, as well as how to use them to make strategic, profitable decisions. Experts will guide you through the world of financial statements and show you just how useful they can truly be.
• Introduction to the HUBZone Program, from the U.S. Small Business Administration, City of Central Falls and Navigant Credit Union, at the Navigant Credit Union Community Room, 693 Broad St. in Central Falls. The program runs from 9 to 11 a.m. and is free. To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 401-528-4561.
Your business’ address could be your key to millions in federal contracting dollars. Join this workshop to discover what the HUBZone program is and how your business can get registered. This will be the first in a 3 part series of workshops on the HUBZone Program.
• Getting Started with Email Marketing, form the Rhode Island Small Business Development Center and the East Bay Chamber of Commerce, at the East Bay Chamber of Commerce, 16 Cutler St. in Warren. The program runs from 4 to 5:30 p.m. and is free. To register, visit risbdc.org or call 401-598-2702.
Experience a free, live demonstration of Constant Contact’s tool for email marketing. We’ll go screen by screen and help you create and enhance your first email marketing campaign. See how easy it is to create professional and powerful emails to reach the people that matter to your business.
• IT Business Mobility & Basic Business Planning, from the Center for Women & Enterprise and SCORE, at the Warwick Public Library, 600 Sandy Lane in Warwick. The program runs from 2 to 4 p.m. and is free. To register, email email@example.com or call 401-277-0800.
Whether it’s a nor’easter that knocks out power for a few days or a man-made emergency, your business needs to be prepared. Join CWE and SCORE for this workshop designed to help small business owners stay in command of their business during challenging times.
• Business Basics: 10 Steps to Starting a Business, from the Center for Women & Enterprise, 132 George M. Cohan Blvd. in Providence. The program runs from 10 a.m. to noon and the fee is $40. Partial scholarships may be available to those who qualify. To register, visit cweonline.org or call 401-277-0800.
If you are thinking about owning a business are in the early stages of starting one, then this workshop is for you.
The following are this week’s Prophet Share events. To register for any of the seminars below, visit prophetshareri.com. If you have questions, please call Dave Nash at 401-447-8000. All events will be held at the Centerville Seminar Center, 875 Centerville Road, Warwick, Building 2, Suite 5.
Wednesday, 9 a.m.
Building Social Interactive Websites, $20.
Wednesday, 6:30 p.m.
What Are People Saying About You Online? Free.
Thursday, 10 a.m.
A Game of Tag: Hands-On Tagline Building Laboratory, $10.
Thursday, 2 p.m.
3 Things You Absolutely Need to Know About Customer Retention, Free.
Friday, 9 a.m.
Introduction to Intuit Quickbooks for Small Business, free.
Saturday, 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
“You Oughta be in Pictures”... your video opportunity. $85.
Sale to undercover officer leads to drug charges for Westerly …
WESTERLY — A local man is facing charges after he allegedly sold heroin to undercover officers on two separate occasions recently, police said Tuesday. Mark … more ...
Pawcatuck thread mill damaged in blaze …
PAWCATUCK — Firefighters from seven fire companies, including the Mystic fire boat, battled a fire that broke out in the century-old Clark Thread Mill building … more ...
Police ID man who died after fall at quarry early …
WESTERLY — Police on Monday identified the man who died after falling more than 80 feet at the former Copar quarry in Bradford early Sunday … more ...
Chris Duhamel to resign presidency of Westerly Town Council …
WESTERLY — Christopher Duhamel said Tuesday that he plans to continue serving on the Town Council but will resign from his position as president, citing … more ...
Solvent-soaked rags cited as cause of blaze …
PAWCATUCK — Rags soaked with wood stain solvent used in a homeowner’s project were cited as the cause of a fire Saturday evening that destroyed … more ...