The following are this week’s small business training programs in Rhode Island:
• Basic Entrepreneurial Workshops, from SEED Corporation and Westerly Community Credit Union, at the Babcock-Smith House, 124 Granite St. in Westerly. The program runs from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and is free. To register, call SEED Corporation at 508-822-1020
Session 1 (10 a.m.-1 p.m.): Learn the fundamentals of planning, preparing for and financing your small business.
Session 2 (1:30-4:30 p.m.): Learn to understand financial statements and how they help to determine the health of your business.
Please plan to arrive at 9:30 a.m. Complimentary breakfast and lunch will be provided for all registered participants.
• In-Transition: Develop Resilience, Strength Training & Conditioning, from the Center for Women & Enterprise, 132 George M. Cohan Blvd. in Providence. The program runs from 2 to 4 p.m. and is free. To register, visit cweonline.org or call 401-277-0800.
Discover and strengthen your inner resources to create success. In this workshop you will:
• Learn how your state of mind impacts everything. Does yours help or hinder your success? How you can see the difference and move in the direction of success.
• Learn how to create clarity, and create and innovate from a place of well-being.
Be inspired to reinvent yourself at any stage or age.
Affordable Care Act 101 webinars
• With new health insurance marketplaces now open, the Small Business Administration and Small Business Majority have announced the next set of Affordable Care Act 101 weekly webinar dates. Each week, small business owners can learn the basics of the Affordable Care Act and how they can enroll in small business health insurance marketplaces. Other topics discussed include insurance reforms, the small business health care tax credit, and employer shared responsibility provisions. SBA representatives help small business owners understand the facts of the ACA so they can make informed decisions about providing health insurance for their employees. The Affordable Care Act 101 takes place every Thursday at 2 p.m. through Dec. 19. Register at sba.gov/healthcare.
• How To Write an Effective Business Plan, from SCORE, at the Providence Public Library, 150 Empire St. in Providence. The program runs from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and is free. To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Attention: Ann P” in the subject line, or call 401-455-8005. Limited to 25 attendees and pre-registration is required.
Westerly investigating charges against non-staff individual …
WESTERLY — The Town Council was briefed on an investigation being conducted by Town Manager Derrik M. Kennedy during an hour-long executive session Tuesday. The … more ...
Body of missing Stonington woman found at Rocky Neck State …
EAST LYME, Conn. — The body of a missing 48-year-old Stonington woman was discovered during a search of Rocky Neck State Park on Wednesday, officials … more ...