The following are upcoming small business training events in Rhode Island:
• How to: Explore Entrepreneurship, from the Center for Women & Enterprise, 132 George M. Cohan Blvd. in Providence. The program runs from 9 to 10:30 a.m. and is free. To register, visit cweonline.org or call 401-277-0800:
Attend this workshop and decide whether starting your own business is right for you. As part of this workshop, you will:
• Explore the process and learn about the risks and rewards of starting up your own business.
• Discuss your specific business ideas and needs with a program manager.
• Get an overview of various resources at CWE and elsewhere to help you succeed.
• Hear success stories of women who have worked with CWE and are now thriving in the business world.
How to: Choose Your Legal Entity, from the Center for Women & Enterprise, from 132 George M. Cohan Blvd. in Providence. The program runs from noon to 1 p.m. and is free. To register, visit cweonline.org or call 401-277-0800:
Make it legal — a legal designation can significantly impact the future of your business, so come to:
• Learn the advantages and disadvantages of various business structures (sole proprietorship, partnership, limited liability company, corporate, nonprofit).
• Better understand your business in the legal sense.
• Be able to ask questions to our legal advisers in order to make this important business decision regarding legal entity.
• Social Media and Website Development, from SCORE, at the Providence Public Library, 150 Empire St. in Providence. The program runs from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and is free. To register, email email@example.com and put “Attention: Ann P” in the subject line, or call 401-455-8005 (limited to 25 attendees; preregistration is required).
Wednesday, Nov. 6
• Business Planning — Accelerate Your Business, from the Center for Women & Enterprise, 132 George M. Cohan Blvd. in Providence. The program is on Wednesdays for six weeks, from 6 to 9 p.m. The fee for the six-class series is $495. Partial scholarships may be available. To register, visit cweonline.org or call 401-277-0800.
This fast-paced, six-week course focuses on developing a comprehensive business plan. Students will learn the fundamentals of the entrepreneurial education including:
• Recognizing a real opportunity.
• Understanding the economics of a business model.
• Forecasting cash flows.
• Making the decision to move forward.
• Financing and execution.
Coursework is well-suited for individuals currently operating an early stage business or those planning to start a new business with a high level of business acumen gained through previous entrepreneurial experience, senior level management experience in the corporate sector, or a master’s level degree in business or a related field.
Westerly man faces charges in bank robberies …
GROTON — A 32-year-old Westerly man, a bank robbery suspect in Groton and Waterford, appeared in two Washington County courtrooms today after being arrested by … more ...
Man sentenced 25 years in fatal hit and run …
STONINGTON — A 31-year-old former Westerly man was sentenced Tuesday to 25 years in prison, suspended after eight years served, following a conviction in a … more ...
Marijuana-legalization proponents rally at Calabrese Club …
WESTERLY — Some drivers honked while others appeared taken by surprise as a group advocating the legalization of marijuana walked through the streets of Westerly … more ...
Bradford man, always there for others, now finds himself battling …
BRADFORD — Working hard to support his family is something Leon Tunnicliff has always taken pride in, whether it was working as a contractor, volunteering … more ...
Search underway for new town manager …
WESTERLY — Wanted: A management professional with three to five years of business or public administration experience, as well as knowledge of municipal finance, to … more ...