The following are upcoming small business training events in Rhode Island:
• How to: Explore Entrepreneurship, from the Center for Women & Enterprise, 132 George M. Cohan Blvd. in Providence. The program runs from 9 to 10:30 a.m. and is free. To register, visit cweonline.org or call 401-277-0800:
Attend this workshop and decide whether starting your own business is right for you. As part of this workshop, you will:
• Explore the process and learn about the risks and rewards of starting up your own business.
• Discuss your specific business ideas and needs with a program manager.
• Get an overview of various resources at CWE and elsewhere to help you succeed.
• Hear success stories of women who have worked with CWE and are now thriving in the business world.
How to: Choose Your Legal Entity, from the Center for Women & Enterprise, from 132 George M. Cohan Blvd. in Providence. The program runs from noon to 1 p.m. and is free. To register, visit cweonline.org or call 401-277-0800:
Make it legal — a legal designation can significantly impact the future of your business, so come to:
• Learn the advantages and disadvantages of various business structures (sole proprietorship, partnership, limited liability company, corporate, nonprofit).
• Better understand your business in the legal sense.
• Be able to ask questions to our legal advisers in order to make this important business decision regarding legal entity.
• Social Media and Website Development, from SCORE, at the Providence Public Library, 150 Empire St. in Providence. The program runs from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and is free. To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Attention: Ann P” in the subject line, or call 401-455-8005 (limited to 25 attendees; preregistration is required).
Wednesday, Nov. 6
• Business Planning — Accelerate Your Business, from the Center for Women & Enterprise, 132 George M. Cohan Blvd. in Providence. The program is on Wednesdays for six weeks, from 6 to 9 p.m. The fee for the six-class series is $495. Partial scholarships may be available. To register, visit cweonline.org or call 401-277-0800.
This fast-paced, six-week course focuses on developing a comprehensive business plan. Students will learn the fundamentals of the entrepreneurial education including:
• Recognizing a real opportunity.
• Understanding the economics of a business model.
• Forecasting cash flows.
• Making the decision to move forward.
• Financing and execution.
Coursework is well-suited for individuals currently operating an early stage business or those planning to start a new business with a high level of business acumen gained through previous entrepreneurial experience, senior level management experience in the corporate sector, or a master’s level degree in business or a related field.
Groton man identified as Richmond bank robbery suspect …
RICHMOND — Officers have identified the man involved in a robbery at the Stop & Shop branch of Citizen’s Bank on Thursday and have issued … more ...
Man is charged with setting fire …
WESTERLY — A Warwick man has been charged with setting the fire that displaced three residents, including his ex-girlfriend, at 5 Thompson Ave. Thursday night. … more ...
Fire damages Thompson Avenue home …
Westerly police, fire and a representative of the Rhode Island Fire Marshal’s office are investigating the cause of a fire that seriously damaged a two-family … more ...
Police logs: Thursday, Oct. 1, 2015 …
Westerly Joseph R. Mitchell, 32, of 229 North Road, Hopkinton, was charged Tuesday with willful trespassing. Stonington Michael B. Mailhut, 24, of 33 Otis St., … more ...