The following are upcoming small business training events in Rhode Island:
• How to: Explore Entrepreneurship, from the Center for Women & Enterprise, 132 George M. Cohan Blvd. in Providence. The program runs from 9 to 10:30 a.m. and is free. To register, visit cweonline.org or call 401-277-0800:
Attend this workshop and decide whether starting your own business is right for you. As part of this workshop, you will:
• Explore the process and learn about the risks and rewards of starting up your own business.
• Discuss your specific business ideas and needs with a program manager.
• Get an overview of various resources at CWE and elsewhere to help you succeed.
• Hear success stories of women who have worked with CWE and are now thriving in the business world.
How to: Choose Your Legal Entity, from the Center for Women & Enterprise, from 132 George M. Cohan Blvd. in Providence. The program runs from noon to 1 p.m. and is free. To register, visit cweonline.org or call 401-277-0800:
Make it legal — a legal designation can significantly impact the future of your business, so come to:
• Learn the advantages and disadvantages of various business structures (sole proprietorship, partnership, limited liability company, corporate, nonprofit).
• Better understand your business in the legal sense.
• Be able to ask questions to our legal advisers in order to make this important business decision regarding legal entity.
• Social Media and Website Development, from SCORE, at the Providence Public Library, 150 Empire St. in Providence. The program runs from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and is free. To register, email email@example.com and put “Attention: Ann P” in the subject line, or call 401-455-8005 (limited to 25 attendees; preregistration is required).
Wednesday, Nov. 6
• Business Planning — Accelerate Your Business, from the Center for Women & Enterprise, 132 George M. Cohan Blvd. in Providence. The program is on Wednesdays for six weeks, from 6 to 9 p.m. The fee for the six-class series is $495. Partial scholarships may be available. To register, visit cweonline.org or call 401-277-0800.
This fast-paced, six-week course focuses on developing a comprehensive business plan. Students will learn the fundamentals of the entrepreneurial education including:
• Recognizing a real opportunity.
• Understanding the economics of a business model.
• Forecasting cash flows.
• Making the decision to move forward.
• Financing and execution.
Coursework is well-suited for individuals currently operating an early stage business or those planning to start a new business with a high level of business acumen gained through previous entrepreneurial experience, senior level management experience in the corporate sector, or a master’s level degree in business or a related field.
Hopkinton police: Intoxicated man took neighbor’s truck, crashed into ditch …
HOPKINTON — An Ashaway man is facing charges including attempted larceny, assault and driving under the influence after police said he and a juvenile relative … more ...
Up to 8 inches of snow likely; and a little …
Today’s snowfall is simply a prelude to another snowfall Tuesday, according to the national Weather Service. The forecast calls for snow showers Tuesday with up … more ...
Rhode Island lawmakers to propose legalizing marijuana …
PROVIDENCE (AP) — A bill to legalize and tax recreational marijuana in Rhode Island is returning to the state’s General Assembly after failing to pass … more ...
‘I WAS STOPPED BY AN ANGEL’ …
Despondent and overcome with grief following the murder of his fiancée, Westerly native Ronald Gardiner was convinced suicide was his only option. “I planned to … more ...
Burdick files defamation suit against town, officials …
WAKEFIELD — Former Zoning Officer Elizabeth Burdick was defamed by several current and former town officials and her privacy was invaded when details of her … more ...