The following are small business training programs offered through the federal Small Business Administration:
• Guide To Small Business Resources, from the SBA, City of Woonsocket, SCORE, the Center for Women & Enterprise, Bank RI, and the Northern Rhode Island Chamber of Commerce. Woonsocket City Hall, 2nd Floor Conference Room, 169 Main St. in Woonsocket, 9 to 11 a.m., free of charge. To register, call 401-334-1000 x160.
Are you interested in starting a small business but don’t know where to start? Do you already own a small business and need assistance with marketing, employee management, setting up financial statements? Interested in possibly getting a loan?
Join us as experts from the SBA, the City of Woonsocket, CWE, and SCORE, guide you through all the resources available to you and your small business. Let them show you where to go to get an expert help you draft a business plan for FREE, where to find financing for your business, exporting, how to get started in the world of government contracting, and more.
• Business Development Strategies for Government Contracts: Build a Strategy to Win, from the SBA and the Rhode Island Procurement Technical Assistance Center, 315 Iron Horse Way in Providence. 8:30 to 11 a.m., free of charge. To register, please visit www.riptac.org/training or call 401-278-9173):
This training will focus on using the results of “Government Market Research” training. It will help you to identify potential government customers, find the correct target markets, and develop a working strategy to market your competencies in a focused and effective campaign. Learn how to build capabilities through teaming and partnerships, with advice on establishing good relationships for future success. Focus will be on being ready to play when the opportunity presents itself, documenting relevant past performance, and demonstrating added value and the procurement readiness to gain a competitive advantage.
• LinkedIn For Your Business, from SBA, City of Providence, the Center for Women & Enterprise, and SCORE, at the Center for Women & Enterprise, 132 George M. Cohan Blvd., in Providence. 10 a.m. to noon, free of charge. To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 401-528-4561.
This workshop will teach you the basics of LinkedIN in addition to using the site for prospecting, promoting your company page, setting up and using groups, and understanding analytics.
Tuesday, April 29.
• Exploring Entrepreneurship, SBA, North Kingstown Chamber of Commerce, the Center for Women & Enterprise, and SCORE, at North Kingstown Chamber of Commerce, 8045 Post Road in North Kingstown. 8 to 9 a.m., free of charge. To register, email email@example.com or call 401-295-5566):
Attend this workshop and decide whether starting your own business is right for you. As part of this workshop, you will:
• Explore the process and learn about the risks and rewards of starting up your own business.
• Discuss your specific business ideas and needs with a program manager.
• Get an overview of various resources at CWE and elsewhere to help you succeed.
Man is charged with setting fire …
WESTERLY — A Warwick man has been charged with setting the fire that displaced three residents, including his ex-girlfriend, at 5 Thompson Ave. Thursday night. … more ...
Police Logs: Monday, Oct. 5, 2015 …
Stonington Ronald Pratt, 47, of 52 Robinson St., Pawcatuck, was charged Saturday with operating under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs; disobeying the signal of … more ...
Handing over the reins: Grzybowski’s stint as interim town manager …
WESTERLY — Amy Grzybowski will return to her old office Tuesday, marking the end of an unexpected and praised six-month tenure as interim town manager. … more ...