The following are this week’s small business training programs from the U.S. Small Business Administration-Rhode Island and Prophet Share:
• Intro to the HUBZone Program, from the U.S. Small Business Administration, City of Pawtucket, Pawtucket Foundation, SCORE, Center for Women & Enterprise, TD Bank and the Northern RI Chamber of Commerce, at the Pawtucket Visitors Center, 175 Main St., Pawtucket. The program runs from 9 to 11 a.m. and is free. To register, email email@example.com or call 401-528-4561.
The HUBZone Program helps small businesses located in designated economically depressed areas and urban and rural communities with high unemployment get contract assistance and promote job growth and economic development in their communities. There are over 50 HUBZones in the state of Rhode Island.
• Tactical Briefing: How to Find the Right Marketing Tactics for Your Business, from SCORE, at the Lincoln Public Library, 145 Old River Road, Lincoln. The program runs from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. and is free. To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 401-528-4561.
Join marketing coach Bob Salvas as he looks at the history of advertising and marketing and an analysis of how people are making buying decisions today. Develop your tactical marketing plan like a military operation and lead your business to success.
• How to: Explore Entrepreneurship, from the Center for Women & Enterprise, 132 George M. Cohan Blvd., Providence.
The program runs from 9 to 10:30 a.m and is free. To register, visit cweonline.org or call 401-277-0800.
Attend this workshop and decide whether starting your own business is right for you.
• How to: Certify Your Minority and Woman-Owned Small Business, from the Center for Women & Enterprise, 132 George M. Cohan Blvd., Providence.
The program runs from 10:45 to 11:45 a.m. and is free. To register, visit cweonline.org or call 401-277-0800.
The Rhode Island Minority Business Enterprise CO promotes the development of certified Minority Business Enterprises (MBE), Women Business Enterprises (WBE), and Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE). As part of this workshop you will learn how to become MBE-, WBE- and DBE-certified, and the benefits of these certifications.
To register for any of the seminars below, visit prophetshareri.com. All events will be held at the Centerville Seminar Center, 875 Centerville Road, Warwick, Building 2, Suite 5.
• Speed Mentoring, 8:30 a.m., $25.
This seminar offers one-on-one appointments with eight of the most knowledgeable business consultants in the area.
• How to Start or Run a Profitable Small Business, 6:30 p.m., free.
Learn the many advantages to running a small business: independence, satisfaction, sheltering income — and profits.
• How to Find the Right Marketing Tactics for Your Business, 9 a.m., free.
Learn where to spend your time and money on marketing/advertising.
WWII veteran gets new home, with a little help from …
WESTERLY — Surrounded by family members, a plate of chicken cacciatore, stuffed peppers and spaghetti, and a glass of wine, John “Shorty” Terranova settled into … more ...
Westerly woman identified as Providence garage jumper …
WESTERLY — A 35-year-old local resident has been identified as the woman who died after jumping off a railing at the Providence Mall garage. Trudy … more ...
New parish priest wants to be community ‘solution center’ …
HOPKINTON — Michael Colello doesn’t want to be known as just another cookie-cutter parish priest. He wants to be known as a down-to-earth, relatable guy … more ...