The following are this week’s small business training programs from the U.S. Small Business Administration-Rhode Island and Prophet Share:
• Writing a Business Plan, from the U.S. Small Business Administration, city of Pawtucket, The Pawtucket Foundation, SCORE, the Center for Women & Enterprise, TD Bank and the Northern R.I. Chamber of Commerce at the Pawtucket Visitor’s Center, 175 Main St., Pawtucket. The program runs from 9 to 11 a.m. and is free. To register, email email@example.com or call 401-725-4400.
• Government Contracting 101, from the U.S. Small Business Administration, North Kingstown Chamber of Commerce, the Center for Women & Enterprise and SCORE, at the North Kingstown Chamber of Commerce, 8045 Post Road, North Kingstown. The program runs from 8 to 10 a.m. and is free. To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 401-295-5566.
• Community Entrepreneurs Phase 2: Business Planning Boot Camp, from the Center for Women & Enterprise, 132 George M. Cohan Blvd., Providence.
The program runs from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Thursday and Friday. Fee for the two days is $395. To register, visit cweonline.org or call 401-277-0800.
• Accounting and Taxes for Small Business, Part 2, from SCORE, at the Providence Public Library, 150 Empire St., Providence. The program runs from 9:30 to 12:30 p.m. and is free. To register, email email@example.com and put “Attention: Ann P” in the subject line or call 401-455-8005.
To register for any of the seminars below, please go to prophetshareri.com. All events will be held at the Centerville Seminar Center, 875 Centerville Road, Warwick, Building 2, Suite 5.
• Consumer Food Trends and New Products, 6:30 p.m., free.
This seminar is specifically designed for “foodies,” and anyone interested in starting a food business and/or launching new food products.
• Six Steps to Small Business Success ... Pricing for Profits, 6:30 p.m., free.
In this two-hour seminar, we will discuss starting, running and selling a highly profitable small business.
• Insightful Approaches on How Employers Can Reduce Labor Costs, 9 a.m., free.
In this seminar, Bob Sloane of XCELHR will discuss various ways will discuss various ways reduce labor costs.
• Need More Customers to Find Your Business Online and in Search Engine Results? 2 p.m., free.
Learn simple yet effective local online marketing tactics.
• Business Law Basics — Everything You Need to Know to Keep Yourself Out of Trouble! 6:30 p.m., free.
This seminar is designed for small business owners who have concerns about their existing or new businesses.
• Customer Rewards Programs — Selecting a Plan for Future Business Growth, 6 p.m., free.
Are you thinking about starting a rewards program for your customers? The fact of the matter is that in many business verticals, these programs are becoming a critical component of success.
• Introduction to Intuit Quickbooks for Small Business, 9 a.m., free.
Learn about Intuit Quickbooks and the different versions they offer.
Early morning fire damages Westerly condo units …
WESTERLY — A fire at the Morningside condominium complex on Apache Drive caused significant damage to at least two units in a four-unit building early … more ...
‘Clan Lab’ checks Westerly fire scene …
WESTERLY — Federal Drug Enforcement Administration personnel arrived here Friday after medical marijuana was found at the scene of a fire at the Morningside condominiums … more ...
Police logs: Saturday, Nov. 28, 2015 …
Westerly Devontay W. Smith, 19, of 43 Garden St., Pawcatuck, was arrested Thursday on a bench warrant issued from 4th District Division Court. Ryan F. … more ...