The new Health Exchange for Rhode Island, HealthSource RI, is putting on presentations in each city/town across the state through Sept. 30. These presentations are offered to the public at no cost, and discuss the implications of the Affordable Care Act to Rhode Island businesses and individuals. For a complete list of presentations, visit www.HealthSourceRI.com.
The SBA is co-sponsoring the following five presentations with HealthSource RI:
• Thursday, 6-8 p.m. — North Kingstown Senior Center, 10 Beach St., North Kingstown.
• Sept. 11, 8:30-10:30 a.m. — New England Tech, 1408 Division Road, East Greenwich.
• Sept. 26, 6-8 p.m. — East Providence Public Library, 475 Bullocks Point Ave., East Providence.
All presentations are offered free of charge and no registration is required. Seating is first come, first served. For more information, please call 401-528-4561.
Thursday, Sept. 5
• How to Explore Entrepreneurship, from the Center for Women and Enterprise, 132 George M. Cohan Blvd. in Providence. The program runs from 1 to 2:30 p.m. and is free. To register, visit www.cweonline.org or call 401-277-0800.
Attend this workshop and decide whether starting your own business is right for you. As part of this workshop, you will:
• Explore the process and learn about the risks and rewards of starting up your own business.
• Discuss your specific business ideas and needs with a program manager.
vv• Get an overview of various resources at CWE and elsewhere to help you succeed.
• Hear success stories of women who have worked with CWE and are now thriving in the business world.
• How to Choose Your Legal Entity, from the Center for Women and Enterprise, 132 George M. Cohan Blvd. in Providence. The program runs from 4 to 5 p.m. and is free. To register, visit www.cweonline.org or call 401-277-0800.
Make it legal: A legal designation can significantly impact the future of your business, so come to:
• Learn the advantages and disadvantages of various business structures (sole proprietorship, partnership, limited liability company, corporate, nonprofit).
• Better understand your business in the legal sense.
• Be able to ask questions to our legal advisers in order to make this important business decision regarding legal entity.