Sand Hill Road home damaged in Charlestown chimney fire

Sand Hill Road home damaged in Charlestown chimney fire



Editor’s note: This version has been updated. Residents are not displaced and have been allowed to return home. 

CHARLESTOWN — Firefighters with the Charlestown Fire District, assisted by personnel with the Carolina Fire Department and Dunn’s Corners Fire Department, were called to a home at 47 Sand Hill Road around 3:15 p.m. Wednesday with reports of a possible chimney fire.

When firefighters arrived, they reported heavy smoke in the home. Flames spread from the  chimney to the roofline, and officials said there was smoldering in an attic space.

The fire was contained within 10 minutes, fire officials said, but firefighters were expected to remain on scene through the evening to prevent further smoldering or flare-ups. No injuries were reported.

The house was not considered to be a loss and any damage was repairable. Residents have already been allowed The ranch-style home is owned by Barbara O. Browning, according to Charlestown property records, and was purchased in 1993.

– Jason Vallee


 
 
Advertisement

Latest Videos

X