North Stonington firefighters douse generator fire in shed outside Anthony Road home

North Stonington firefighters douse generator fire in shed outside Anthony Road home



NORTH STONINGTON — Early notification helped firefighters extinguish a generator shed fire outside an Anthony Road home, preventing the fire from spreading to a nearby barn or causing any serious damage.

North Stonington firefighters, assisted by a tanker from the Ashaway Fire Department, were called to a home a 39 Anthony Road, located off Boom Bridge Road, early this afternoon after a resident called to report that a generator located in a shed behind the house was emitting heavy black smoke. The smoke could be seen coming from the yard when fire officials arrived.

Fire officials were able to extend a hose to the shed, preventing spread of the fire to a nearby barn, then were able to use the tanker from Ashaway to finish dousing the blaze. A tanker from Wequetequock was also called for mutual aid, officials said.

There was considerable damage to the generator shed, but officials said there were no injuries or damage to other structures. The fire is considered accidental and was likely the cause of a generator malfunction, officials said.

Jason Vallee


Advertisement

Latest Videos

X