MYSTIC — The Mystic Half Marathon & 10K will be held on Sunday, May 20, in the communities of Stonington and Groton. With approximately 2,200 athletes expected to participate in the event, traffic will be impacted and road closures will be in effect.
The following roads will be closed to vehicle traffic:
• From 7 to 10 a.m.: Coogan Boulevard from Maritime Drive to Jerry Browne Road.
• From 7 to 7:10 a.m.: Route 27 from Coogan Boulevard to Holmes Street; all of Holmes Street
• From 7 to 7:30 a.m.: Route 1 from Holmes Street to Pearl Street; all of Pearl Street
• From 7:10 to 8:10 a.m.: Grove Street and River Road
• From 7:30 to 8:45 a.m.: Jerry Browne Road from Route 27 to Coogan Boulevard; Deer Ridge Road from Jerry Browne Road to Jacobs Way.
• From 7:30 to 10 a.m.: Jerry Browne Road from Coogan Boulevard to Mistuxet Avenue; all of Mistuxet Avenue.
• From 7:40 to 10 a.m.: Deans Mill Road, Flanders Road and Pellegrino Road.
The following road will remain open for use by vehicles and race participants during the race; drivers should expect minor delays and use caution:
• From 7:20 to 8:25 a.m.: Route 27 from River Road to Jerry Browne Road will have alternating one way traffic.
• From 7:40 to 10 a.m.: Pequot Trail from Deans Mill Road to Flanders Road.
Drivers should seek alternate routes during the race if impacted. For more information and a detailed course map, visit hartfordmarathon.com/mystic-half-marathon-10k/races/half-marathon/.