• HU-KE-LAU (Sept. 12) — Cost: $79, insurance $7. Full payment and insurance due at time of booking. 75-minute Hawaiian show at the Massachusetts Hu-Ke-Lau. Audience members are invited to take part. Your lunch choice is prime rib or scrod. (Royal Travelers)
• Allen Edwards at Castle of Knights, Chicopee, Mass. — Monday, Oct. 7 (date change). Cost: $79, insurance: $4. Full payment and insurance due at time of reservation. Allen Edwards, country performer, touches the heart of all his audiences as he shows his love for family, country, and God. Choice of pot roast, lemon caper chicken, or baked scrod. (Royal Travelers)
• Columbus Day Italian celebration at Lake Pearl Luciano’s Restaurant in Wrentham, Mass. — Monday, Oct. 13. Cost: $79 per person, insurance: $3. Full payment and insurance due at time of booking. This all-star lineup features songstress Sharon Zee and musical arranger Ray Cavicchio. Enjoy an afternoon featuring Italian-American standards that is sure to be an audience pleaser. (Royal Travelers)
Listings of the trips presently offered by the center are available at the front office counter, in the center newsletter, and online at www.westerlyseniorcenter.org.
Needed — Wheelchairs with foot rests, transport wheelchairs, shower benches, shower chairs, transfer benches, walkers with wheels, strollers in good, used condition to lend to area seniors
Serving Stonington, North Stonington and Westerly. Phone: 860-599-3285.
TVCCA Congregate meals are served Tuesday-Thursday, except on holidays. They are freshly prepared meals for $3. Meal choices are listed below. Intergenerational bistro meal provided every Monday for $3.
Monday — Looking for a Job? The PNC Job Search Club meets every Monday from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. The Job Search Club provides essential tools needed to get you on the path to find employment. For more information, call Maura at 860-599-3285, Ext. 23. Zumba Lite in the lower level of the Senior Center, 9 a.m.-10 a.m. Art Class is 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Bistro lunch is pot roast with baked potatoes at 11:30 a.m. for $7; bingo from noon to 1:15 p.m. Wii bowling, 1:30-3 p.m. Gentle chair yoga 1:30-2:30 p.m.
Tuesday — VNA Foot Clinic 8:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m.; appointments necessary. Strength and balance exercise class 9:30- 10:20 a.m.; Body, Mind, and Spirit 10:30-11:30 a.m.; chair dancing 11-11:15 a.m. Senior lunch is chicken Veracruz with rice pilaf at 11:30 a.m. Bingo after lunch. Suggested donation is $3. Grocery shopping at McQuade’s in Westerly at 9 a.m.
Wednesday — Zumba Lite in the lower level of the Senior Center, 9 a.m.-10 a.m. Tai Chi 2:15-3:15 p.m. At 11 a.m. we will see an informative video about ways to prevent falling down and injuring yourself. Senior lunch is at 11:30 a.m., cheeseburger noodle casserole. Suggested donation is $3 for lunch. Bingo after lunch.
Thursday — Line dancing 9:30-11 a.m. Join us for dominoes from noon until 2 p.m. Or come and work on a puzzle or play a board game from noon until 2:30 p.m. Shopping at Walmart at 11:15 a.m., call to reserve your seat on the bus.
Friday — Strength and balance exercise class 9-9:45 a.m. Life Stories Writing Group 10:15-11:30 a.m. on the lower level. Shopping at Stop & Shop Pawcatuck at 9:30 a.m. The movie this week is “27 Dresses” (2007) with Katherine Heigl. Come and enjoy the movie with free pizza, popcorn, dessert and lemonade.
Save the dates:
Our Book Club Selection for September is “Winter Garden” by K. Hannah. We will meet to discuss on Thursday, Sept. 26 at 11:30 a.m. Call Peggy or Barb at 860-599-3285, Ext. 15, if you would like to sign up. Throughout the month of September, each Wednesday at 11 a.m., we are focusing on various ways to Prevent Falling Down and hurting yourself. Join us for this informative series.
Charlestown Senior/Community Center, Country Trail, Ninigret Park, 401-364-9955
Monday — Strength and stability at 9 a.m.; Tai chi at 10:30 a.m.; cribbage at 1:15 p.m.; Zumba at 5:30 p.m.; yoga at 6:45 p.m. Today’s meal is cottage cheese and pineapple, turkey a-la-king with potatoes, peas and carrots, buttermilk biscuit, or cheeseburger.
Tuesday — Yoga at 8:30 a.m.; painting at 10 a.m.; whist at 1:15 p.m.; pilates at 5:30 p.m. Today’s meal is garden salad, meatball grinder with provolone, or ham and cheese on wheat.
Wednesday — Strength and stability at 9 a.m.; bridge class at 10 a.m.; nurse at 12:30 p.m.; bridge at 1 p.m.; pinochle at 1:15 p.m. Today’s meal is tomato and rice soup, pot roast with gravy and mashed potatoes, or chicken salad on Italian.
Thursday — Yoga at 9 a.m.; Rummikub at 10 a.m.; Scrabble at 1:15 p.m.; pilates at 5:30 p.m. Today’s meal is vegetable soup, seafood salad plate with lettuce and tomato, pasta salad, or turkey and cheese on wheat.
Friday — Pitch at 10 a.m. Today’s meal is juice cup, American chop suey, or pastrami and cheese on rye.
• Kids Gymnastics has changed to 10:30 a.m. Saturday mornings for ages 2-6. The program is run by R.I.S.E. Gymnastics of Coventry for $10 per class. Walk-ins welcome.
• The Charlestown Community Garden needs volunteers to work in the garden Tuesdays and Thursdays, starting at 9 a.m. to harvest and distribute vegetables to local food pantries. For more information, visit www.charlestowncommunitygarden.com.
• Family Supper Table will be held from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday. Sept. 24. This meal is free to all members of the community.
Mailing: Richmond Senior Center, c/o Richmond Town Hall, 5 Richmond Townhouse Road, Wyoming, RI 02898.
Monday — Coffee 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.; Tai chi or quilting at 9 a.m.; cardio at 5:30 p.m.
Tuesday — Coffee 8:30 to 11 a.m.; art class 10 a.m.; bingo 6 p.m.
Wednesday — Coffee 8:30 to 11 a.m.; sit get fit 9 a.m.; cribbage 1:30 p.m.
Thursday — Coffee 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.; knitting at 9 a.m.; mahjong at 12:30 p.m.; cardio at 5:30 p.m.
Friday — Coffee 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.; sit get fit 9 a.m.; yoga 10:30 a.m.
• The Oct. 5 trip to Kittery Outlets departs at 8 a.m. from the Exit 3 park and ride. Tour includes bus transportation and shopping in Kittery, Maine. Cost is $38 for adults, $34 per child. Payment is due Sept. 20.
For information on any of the senior programs, call the Recreation Department at 401-377-7795.
Monday — Coffee hour 8:30 to 11 a.m. at Crandall House; ceramics from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at the Crandall House; yolates 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday — Coffee hour 8:30 to 11 a.m. at Crandall House ; Tai chi for arthritis 10:30 to 11 a.m. at the Crandall House, $2 for nonresidents. Lunch served at the Crandall House at 11 a.m., cost is $3, call 377-2875 for reservations.
Wednesday — Coffee hour 8:30 to 11 a.m. at Crandall House; Yolates 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Thursday — Coffee hour 8:30 to 11 a.m. at the Crandall House; tai chi for arthritis 10:30 to 11 a.m. at the Crandall House, $2 for nonresidents. Lunch served at the Crandall House at 11 a.m., cost is $3, call 401-377-2785 for reservations. Bingo 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. at Crandall Field Activities Center. JABOOM, adult basketball for those older than 40, 7:30 p.m., at Ashaway School.
Friday — Coffee hour 8:30 to 11 a.m. at Crandall House;
• Visiting Nurse the second Tuesday of the month from 10 a.m. to noon at the Crandall House.
• Arts and crafts at the Crandall House. Call Lucy at 539-7383 for the schedule and to register.
• Trips are scheduled to various places. Call Mark at 377-2857 to check on which trips are coming up.